- Head over to the official website of Node.js
- Download the executable file on your machine and double-click to install .msi file to install on your machine
- Once you have completed your installation, restart your machine.
To install a new version of Node.js just head back to the official site of Node.js and download the new version of Node.js and install on your machine which will replace the older version.
Checking out Node.js installation
- To make sure that Node is properly installed on your machine just open the command prompt and type the following command which will show the version number of Node like v6.9.*
- To make sure that NPM (Node.js Package Manager) is properly installed on your machine type the following command on command prompt which will show version number of npm like 3.10.*
- To make sure that Node works properly,
- Go to control panel -> Programs and Features
- Double click the node.js program to completely uninstall node.js on your computer
There are 470,000 free code packages are available in the npm registry to discover and use, head to npm site and to explore them.